PaintballTeam-Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SLY Profit Mask Review

2 posters

Go down

SLY Profit Mask Review Empty SLY Profit Mask Review

Post by KWGPaintVeins Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:18 am

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MFJRg6qsi0
*side note* I don't give two shits that I said "S-L-Y" rather than "sly" or called it the "prah-fit". It doesn't detract from the content. I realize that people get very pissy about word pronunciation. Razz

So how's the mask you might ask? The mask if a very hit or miss for people. if you have a big fat head, there will be great coverage and protection, but it may feel claustrophobic. The biggest downfall on the mask is that it suffocates some people, they can't breathe well in it. Everything else about the mask kicks ass. It's comfortable, you could wear it all day and forget you have a mask on. The assumption that the thick ear padding hinders your ability to hear is bogus. I can hear fine and my team mates can hear me fine. That feeling of being trapped in the mask only comes from the claustrophobia that can happen to some. I don't get it, I feel relaxed, comfortable, and capable with the mask on. The FOV is excellent, no annoying pieces in your parif. vision. If you have a small or medium sized head and need a mask for the long haul games that won't feel like sharp plastic in your face after 20 minutes, this is the mask for you. If you want to look like a power ranger out there on the airball field, get crucial bounces, and comfortably dominate the field, this is the mask for you. The lenses are great. I love my mask, it's great, I wouldn't use anything else. Very Happy

Last edited by KWGPaintVeins on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

SLY Profit Mask Review Empty Re: SLY Profit Mask Review

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:23 am

tried one on.... i have never been happier to stuff my i4's back on my face. Im never leaving those babies again i feel like i cheated on them.

Angel eyes i was waiting for because it makes you look like a storm trooper.

NOTE: my buddy had to cut his front vents in order to breath and for him the ear peices did cut his hearing dramatically because of his ear postion. I have never heard anybody yelling WHAT! so many times on a speedball field.
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

http://www.paintballpa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KWGPaintVeins Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 am

PtDoughnut wrote:tried one on.... i have never been happier to stuff my i4's back on my face. Im never leaving those babies again i feel like i cheated on them.

Angel eyes i was waiting for because it makes you look like a storm trooper.

NOTE: my buddy had to cut his front vents in order to breath and for him the ear peices did cut his hearing dramatically because of his ear postion. I have never heard anybody yelling WHAT! so many times on a speedball field.

Maybe his model was different. They did change the foam padding on the mask in later models. I liked the I4's when I used them, but they felt way too small on my head. I got in the cheek raw, and I went right to another mask. Whatever floats your boat though, that's all that matters.
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:27 am

KWGPaintVeins wrote: Maybe his model was different. They did change the foam padding on the mask in later models. I liked the I4's when I used them, but they felt way too small on my head. I got in the cheek raw, and I went right to another mask. Whatever floats your boat though, that's all that matters.

True! because one of the guys at my field cannot even get i4's on his face.
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

http://www.paintballpa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KWGPaintVeins Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:05 am

They are small masks I find. FOV is very nice, they breathe really nice. Much nicer breathing than the Profits by design. But the coverage on them is too small for my liking and I feel really vulnerable, but if I had a smaller head and body, it would be pretty good.
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down