PaintballTeam-Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proto SLG 09

4 posters

Go down

Proto SLG 09  Empty Proto SLG 09

Post by jordorama Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am

when i go paintballing I play with my 09 SLG. its a great begginer to intermediate gun and is amazing for its price. Though Proto discontinued the SLG people are still selling them. there were a few issues out of the box but once you tweak it and play around with the settings it works great.

Recommended Upgrades: CP Clamping feedneck and On/Off ASA the barrel is great and shouldn't need upgrading unless your playing woodsball.
My Setup: Proto SLG 09 with Virtue Board, 48/3000 HPA Tank and EGGY 3 Hopper.
jordorama
jordorama

Back to top Go down

Proto SLG 09  Empty Re: Proto SLG 09

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 am

You must be one of the lucky ones. We had 2 demon slg's out here... one was so bad everytime you pulled the trigger while it was off = the amount of shots it took when turned on without pulling the trigger, the thing was crazy.
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

http://www.paintballpa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KWGPaintVeins Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 am

I would also suggest a new trigger if want to be able to shoot faster. it's a spring tension system basically. I would suggest a Slin trigger from CP. That's what I have on my SLG 09 (both my UL and Basic) I don't use them really anymore (I have a pretty extensive gun collection) but when I do use them, they are pretty nice. and I lend them out and people always return wanting to buy them haha
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

Post by jordorama Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:44 am

PtDoughnut wrote:You must be one of the lucky ones. We had 2 demon slg's out here... one was so bad everytime you pulled the trigger while it was off = the amount of shots it took when turned on without pulling the trigger, the thing was crazy.

lol wow that is really weird, could it have been one of the 08 slgs cuz they had ALOT of problems Razz
jordorama
jordorama

Back to top Go down

Post by jordorama Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 am

KWGPaintVeins wrote:I would also suggest a new trigger if want to be able to shoot faster. it's a spring tension system basically. I would suggest a Slin trigger from CP. That's what I have on my SLG 09 (both my UL and Basic) I don't use them really anymore (I have a pretty extensive gun collection) but when I do use them, they are pretty nice. and I lend them out and people always return wanting to buy them haha

ya i was just starting to look into the sling trigger, is it really worth it?
jordorama
jordorama

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:29 am

yup flat blade triggers suck for running your gun! if you play semi find a good trigger!
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

http://www.paintballpa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDude Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:19 pm

I have an 07' SLG and I had no problems with that marker at all. It shot great, I played well with it and had a good time with it. Though after a few years the buttons started to become more troublesome so turning the marker on and off became a bit of a hassle. Also, it's been running through air faster than a hummer runs through gas. The only things I would change on it would be the feedneck and the trigger on it. I run with a 2010 PMR but I still have the SLG as back-up.
TheDude
TheDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down