PaintballTeam-Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting into paintball with TechPB

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting into paintball with TechPB Empty Getting into paintball with TechPB

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:21 am

If your looking to get into the sport of paintball, I would recommend watching Mike from TechPB's videos. He gives great advice for almost everything paintball. Thanks to him, I entered the world of paintball. I really recommend checking his YouTube channel out. cheers

Back to top Go down

Getting into paintball with TechPB Empty Re: Getting into paintball with TechPB

Post by PtDoughnut Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:27 am

I second this, i learned a lot watching his videos as well.
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

http://www.paintballpa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 am

Can you believe he almost stopped making videos in 2008? If that happened I would not be playing paintball right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:40 am

how long have you been playing for?
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 am

About two years. Haha only cause some of his new videos really got me.To bad he thinks paintball is dying. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:41 am

Paintball is dying, it requires us the players to be ambassadors and recruit more people! Planet eclipse downsized, Angel closed, smartparts closed then reopened, dye started doing snowboarding. The recession was hard on you americans, you got to play less because of less jobs and money being tight. It will regain strength dont worry.

I have only been playing for 3. Imagine what you can do!
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by KWGPaintVeins Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 am

What the sport needs to do is market to an older audience again. The guns and themes of the gear are all pointed at one YOUNG age group and ONE GENDER. Seriously, if we could find a way to not only move the sports target audience away from the 10-18 year old age group to 18+ (while still having the availability for younger guys) but also marketing the sport for women would be good. Now of course talking about it is easier than mobilizing something like that. But I think that large Paintball communities such as TechPB and PBNation could definitely make a community movement to market the sport towards girls as well as older audiences. That's what hurts the sport imo, it's been marketed to the stereotypical "bad boy, live fast, die hard, thug life" sort of scene, and that is a very specific group. I think those themes are cool, but something more simple, subtle, or even retro is what would attract a larger fan base. remember when autocokers and e-mags were big? so was the sport! It also happened to be when there were older folks playing. we need that to come back, and we need more ladies involved. a gender diverse sport as well as a age diverse sport, is going to progress and grow. cheers
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:03 am

blame the tournament scene, do you think a 40 year old man could keep up with a 19 year old kid? highly doubt it. As for sales to women, planet eclipse is definitely doing something for them. Fat lady charms geo2's are siiiiick. they also have sizes for really small people and really large people. The best way to keep people interested is to cap the speedball players! Semi only 10 BPS is my fields limit. We also shoot 270 instead of 300.

Without ramp or full auto it creates and equal playing field, also having ambassadors at the field teaching young kids things and giving them a better experience will keep them coming back and maybe bring more friends!
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 am

Ya, I have already gotten about six of my friends into the sport. I'm hoping it's a chain reaction now. The sport really needs to make a come back. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by KWGPaintVeins Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:24 am

PtDoughnut wrote:blame the tournament scene, do you think a 40 year old man could keep up with a 19 year old kid? highly doubt it. As for sales to women, planet eclipse is definitely doing something for them. Fat lady charms geo2's are siiiiick. they also have sizes for really small people and really large people. The best way to keep people interested is to cap the speedball players! Semi only 10 BPS is my fields limit. We also shoot 270 instead of 300.

Without ramp or full auto it creates and equal playing field, also having ambassadors at the field teaching young kids things and giving them a better experience will keep them coming back and maybe bring more friends!

Well we can't really blame the tournament scene whole heartedly, we also have to blame the organizations for letting woods tournaments die. Remember back in the old days? when everything was in the woods? Very Happy
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 am

i only started 3 years ago and jumped right into tournaments, UWL is still pushed onto younger folks, that shits intense. its true though PSP NPPL you dont see many "old" pros. Young guys rule that scene. Local places are where they need to push for the older folks. Oldest player to come out repeatedly here is 72!
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:54 am

Ya, the industries are putting the weight of the sport on to the players backs. We need the industries to do their job. Which is to advertise not only to the youth, but also to the adults. When paintball first went big it was labeled an 'extreme' sport. The industries tried to take out the 'extreme' but ended up taking out the 'sport' too. By doing this, the people looking for a sport, did not go to paintball, this is because they viewed it as a childerens war game. Honestly, I put most of the blame onto the industries.

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:05 am

marketing isnt at a childrens age its at 16-25. i doubt many adults or children could afford to have the stuff i do.
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 am

You'd be surprised... Just watch Mikes video on this okay doughnut? He explains it all. And YES he thinks one major reason is because the industries are marketing to much towards children and not adults. It does not matter if most people can not afford the gear you have, they're just trying to get people into the sport. Ok? Everyone has their theory. How do you get money for all your stuff anyway, considering that you do buy your own stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 am

KWGPaintVeins wrote:What the sport needs to do is market to an older audience again. The guns and themes of the gear are all pointed at one YOUNG age group and ONE GENDER. Seriously, if we could find a way to not only move the sports target audience away from the 10-18 year old age group to 18+ (while still having the availability for younger guys) but also marketing the sport for women would be good. Now of course talking about it is easier than mobilizing something like that. But I think that large Paintball communities such as TechPB and PBNation could definitely make a community movement to market the sport towards girls as well as older audiences. That's what hurts the sport imo, it's been marketed to the stereotypical "bad boy, live fast, die hard, thug life" sort of scene, and that is a very specific group. I think those themes are cool, but something more simple, subtle, or even retro is what would attract a larger fan base. remember when autocokers and e-mags were big? so was the sport! It also happened to be when there were older folks playing. we need that to come back, and we need more ladies involved. a gender diverse sport as well as a age diverse sport, is going to progress and grow. cheers

This is completely correct. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by KWGPaintVeins Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:11 pm

PaintballSkychaser wrote:You'd be surprised... Just watch Mikes video on this okay doughnut? He explains it all. And YES he thinks one major reason is because the industries are marketing to much towards children and not adults. It does not matter if most people can not afford the gear you have, they're just trying to get people into the sport. Ok? Everyone has their theory. How do you get money for all your stuff anyway, considering that you do buy your own stuff.

Now now everyone, let's calm down, no one needs to get angry at each other. we can dispute reasons, but let's make the opinions our own that can support and defend. I'm all for discussion, but I don't want this to turn into a bickering pissing contest (i don't mean to target anyone here, I just quoted this because it was relavent). Let's all be friends! cheers hug this shit out fellas lol
KWGPaintVeins
KWGPaintVeins

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Im 20 i work 2 jobs, one being at a paintball field the other full time at a Ford dealership, paintball is pushed at my age of people more then kids or adults. Single male 18-25 make up a huuuuge % of players. Look around you will see them and it will all click. Yes there is a lot of younger kids starting to show up, and the recession is a big reason for adults not being able to play due to house payments and such. I have seen his video, and i know what he is getting at but in all honesty do you think planet or dye has any intentions of their ego geo dm series guns landing in a 14 year olds hands? Read the box its for people over 18.
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:06 am

Haha alright sorry dude. You have your reasoning. It's good that your not just one of those spoiled people that have their parents buy them everything. It's good that you work for your stuff. Sorry about that. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:28 am

no need to apologize? its called constructive debate we all learn something
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 am

Haha your right. It all comes down to how TechPB is amazing. Hahahaha. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:46 am

i stopped watching his videos, mainly because i didnt need to see any of the gear he was reviewing and because i spend more time at a field then a lot of people 60 hours this month of work and 12 of play. You learn a ton reffing people get out there and ref!
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 am

Haha ya. My closest field is 50 minutes away though. I put together a field in my woods. Haha it does it's job though. Haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 am

thats rough i wouldnt enjoy being that far away. my closest field is 10 minutes
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:59 am

Haha ya. Your very lucky. If I had a close field I would buy more expensive equipment.

Back to top Go down

Post by PtDoughnut Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:02 am

might explain why i have such a gear problem
PtDoughnut
PtDoughnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down